City of Romance


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 16th 2006
Published: August 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Melinda & MarkMelinda & MarkMelinda & Mark

Just engaged in Prague after a horse and carriage ride around the Old Town Square. How very romantic.
Prague (16th-19th July)

We were very lucky with the weather in both Vienna and Prague. The sun continued to shine and it was really quite hot.

Walking Tour
The walking tour of Prague over a few hours took us through the New Town, Old Town, Jewish Quarter, Lesser Quarter and on to the Prague Castle on the other side of Charles Bridge. Prague is certainly a very beautiful city both during the day and at night.

Czech Beer Garden
The Czech's are very proud of their beer so it would be an offence not to spend some time in some of their lovely beer gardens.

Bohemian Crystal
Bohemia is one of many names that the now Czech Repuplic was known as. Hence, home of Bohemian Crystal. The city is filled with loads of glass and crystal products.

Eiffel Tower
The Czechs built their own Eiffel Tower identical to the structure of the one in Paris only they built it on a hill so it stands 3 metres higher than the one in Paris.

Astronomical Clock
A very famous clock in the Old Town Square. On the hour a skeleton rings the bell and hundreds of
Old Town Square - PragueOld Town Square - PragueOld Town Square - Prague

This was taken very early in the morning before it was filled with people.
people in the square watch the statues move.

Communism Museum
It was interesting to spend a bit of time here to learn more about the effect that the communist rule had on the country. There were some devastating pictures of parts of Prague that were bombed.

Horse and Carriage Ride
While I was at the Communism Museum, unbeknowns to me Mark took Melinda on a horse and carriage ride around the Old Town of Prague and Mark proposed! It was probably not even an hour later when I met them for lunch and Melinda couldn't keep the news to herself any longer. We had a lovely lunch on the river in the sunshine and celebrated with a bottle of champagne. Congratualations Melinda and Mark. Very exciting news!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Prague by NightPrague by Night
Prague by Night

Melinda, Mark and Ang in front of the Castle.
Prague CastlePrague Castle
Prague Castle

Quaint little shops in the grounds of the Prague Castle.
MarionettesMarionettes
Marionettes

Harry Potter, Mozart & Pinnochio!
Old Town Square - PragueOld Town Square - Prague
Old Town Square - Prague

Everyone waiting for the Astronomical Clock to strike the hour to see the short performance!


18th August 2006

photos
Great photos Lou!!!

Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb