last day of sandy


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well... i figured i would go ahead and write a little something since i won't be able to update again until sunday.

today we met up at 9:00, and met our teachers for the next class which we will start on monday. this should be an exciting class! it's czech culture and history, and our teachers are two phd candidates. they're fun and young, and want our class to be a good time. for example, tuesday we'll be taking an overnight trip to the town of olomouc (which is where one of them went to college)! that should be fun. more on that class later...

after a quick meeting with them, sandy told us we had an hour before leaving for this ad agency, and so after much deliberation my friends and i decided we could make a mad dash over to the estates theatre to try and get tickets for the opera tonight. i was nervous we wouldn't be able to get tickets for tonight, or that we might be late- but we managed to get the tickets and get back to meet sandy on time!! it was a little stressful though- we got there at 10 (which is when they begin to sell tickets) but the stupid people running the booth were just setting up their equipment then. we had to wait 15 minutes until we could buy them- but luckily we got them! $45- which i don't think is that bad at all. hopefully our seats will be good. i also bought a program (although katie felt i got "suckered"- it was $5- but i like it, and plus it tells the whole plot of the opera, which i think is important to know before i go see it.)

so we made it back in time and headed over to "rust," this cool and successful independent ad agency. it was really nice there- and the 2 guys we talked with were really laid back and talkative. i appreciated that instead of just giving us a powerpoint presentation they really talked with us about their company and some of its clients/strategies. they only have a staff of 23, and they just landed this major beer company as a client fighting against 5 other big ad agencies. it was pretty cool.

we all had lunch afterwards, and then we all went to sandy's son's ad agency. his son and his son's wife set up their own small agency a few years ago, and were nice enough to take some time to talk with us. it was fun and interesting also- even though i'm not an advertising major (which btw is pretty much killing katie lol)

afterwards, we said our goodbyes to sandy (who said he'll be visiting columbia in september so that we might all get together or something) and then went to old town for a little while. katie and rachel bought a few gifts for people (i'm still contemplating on what i want to buy...) and then we headed back to our dorm.

now we're just kind of relaxing and getting ready. i can't believe we're going to see an opera (and going to a theatre that has been around since the 1700s) and that tomorrow morning we're leaving for vienna!!! it's going to be a wonderful weekend. 😊

-------------

we just got back from the opera, and we had a wonderful time! it was kind of hot way up on the top floor where we were sitting- but it was also neat being that high up- right across from the chanelier. it was a great show, and just a terrific memory.

i'll be back on sunday! 😊

Advertisement



20th July 2006

opera!
wow! you've been to one more opera than i have now! glad you got ot go- once again, enjoy vienna, be safe, and we'll talk to you sunday! :) love you!
21st July 2006

opera
I'm glad that you enjoyed the opera. Mozart operas are probably my favorite. When we were in Prague, there was no opera playing. I did see "Marriage of Figaro" once in Vienna, which, I think, is where it was first performed.
22nd July 2006

prague jazz
Hi Maxine! Hope you had an absolutely amazing time in vienna. Sounds like Prague is treating you well! I just remembered this really chill, hip jazz club that I went to in Prague (and I know nothing about jazz!) It's called U Stare Pani, and it's located I think near the old city (the address is Michalska 9). Have fun! Love, your cuz Rach
1st August 2006

I'm so jealous...
Umm... being the music nerd that I am, I'm completely jealous that you got to go to the opera... when we went to Praha, we walked by it and we didn't have time to go in it... truly trivial, did you know that Mozart's Don Giovanni premiered in that opera house? ya random. and i'm jealous.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb