"Spring is busting out all over"


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 12th 2005
Published: April 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Spring in the Sarka ValleySpring in the Sarka ValleySpring in the Sarka Valley

The marsh grass does not know it is spring yet. The trees are wide awake.
Spring is springing in the Sarka Valley. After supper we took a walk up the valley. Plants and leaves are exploding everywhere. I really like the delicate greens of spring. They are here for such a short time. I was somewhat surprised to see the marsh grass does not know it is spring yet. There is no green showing in the marsh grass that covers the wet land at our end of the valley. Now if the mosquitoes and ticks do not discover it is spring I would be happy. There are deer in the valley. In fact there are deer all over the Czech Republic. On the way home from Cesky Krumlov we saw numerous deer in the fields and we all know about the deer-tick relationship to Lyme Disease. Now that spring is here skis have been put up and bicycles have been gotten out of storage. Bicycles were continually whizzing past us on the narrow trail, the riders dressed in bicycle riding outfits complete with helmets and goggles.

We past a woman going the other direction with her dog, a very muscular dog. Later as we were headed back to IBTS we saw her approaching us again,
Spring in the Sakra ValleySpring in the Sakra ValleySpring in the Sakra Valley

One of the old, old houses in the Sakra Valley. The left side of the house is in ill repair and appears quite ancient.
but her dog was not with her. Then we saw the dog having a wonderful time romping in the creek. It made us think of Katie in Vermont rushing into every stream and lying in the cold water during our walks there.






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Spring in the Sarka ValleySpring in the Sarka Valley
Spring in the Sarka Valley

One of the old houses in the Sarka Valley.


Tot: 0.462s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 164; dbt: 0.205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb