Czech this out!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 18th 2006
Published: April 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Famous ClockThe Famous ClockThe Famous Clock

People told me that the cooles thing in Prague was this clock. It was o.k. What happens is hundreds of people wait for nearly an hour awaiting a monumentous show and it turns out to just be like a grandfather clock. haha
Well, my first journey to Eastern Europe and I have to say it is definitely underrated. Prague, the city of gold, or the Paris of Eastern Europe, has not only have amazing food and beautiful architecture, but a funky vibe as well. We stuck around old town for most of the visit, where a fair took place. My friends and I indulged in bagels, one thing that had not reached Western Europe. They were so good! Bohemia Bagel, you are my hero! The nightlife is really interesting too. Instead of having bars on the ground floor and working your way up, everything is underground. Dark, smoky, cave-like clubs and bars that really made me feel distant from anywhere I had been. Also, we visited the Jewish Quarter, which was awesome. I was not allowed to take pictures in the synagogues, but take my word for it, they were breathtaking. There was a huge Jewish population in Prague before Hitler, then this quarter was turned into a ghetto, and they were shipped off. What also surprised me was the amount of food choices in Prague, Thai, Indian, pretty much whatever you wanted. Michelle, Sarah, and Davide made this an unforgetable trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Our Metro StopOur Metro Stop
Our Metro Stop

This is where Sarah lived.
Old TownOld Town
Old Town

The center of it all
The Fair CityThe Fair City
The Fair City

This is where the fair took place. The food was so good!
BOHEMIA BAGEL!BOHEMIA BAGEL!
BOHEMIA BAGEL!

Bagels in Europe? not frozen? My heaven. Davide, Sarah, and Michelle
New TownNew Town
New Town

Streets lined with designer boutiques and funy shops.
I'm AngryI'm Angry
I'm Angry

So Sarah told me everyone there had an attitude because of the past government. It was true.
NEW GOVERNMENTNEW GOVERNMENT
NEW GOVERNMENT

To the left you can see the Czech Republic flag complemented by the European Union Flag to the right.
What time is it?What time is it?
What time is it?

In the Jewish quarter...
Once the Jewish GhettoOnce the Jewish Ghetto
Once the Jewish Ghetto

Looking down the streets of the old Jewish Ghetto.
The Old CemeteryThe Old Cemetery
The Old Cemetery

Graveyard of the surrounding Jewish community.
Over the riverOver the river
Over the river

The views from the bridge.
PensivePensive
Pensive

Davide and Michelle staring into space.
Made it!Made it!
Made it!

Got to the other bank!
ClubbingClubbing
Clubbing

Chilling in the cellar somewhere.


18th April 2006

I`m Jealous!
Everything there looks so Old World but so interesting. Can`t believe u were able to get "bagels". Everyone looks like they are really enjoying it all. This experience is something u will remember forever. But truthfully, I can`t wait for u to return, u looks like u have matured and got even better looking. Keep this blog going, we r really feel like we r traveling with you.
1st May 2006

Prague Rocks
I could spend days in Prague, nice photos by the way. Hey if anyone is interested exploreglobe.net has downloadable placemarkers that load in Google Earth for all the sights in the city liked to photos, etc.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb