Goodbye to Elizabeth


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 9th 2005
Published: February 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

ElizabethElizabethElizabeth

Elizabeth has worked here the last two weeks and heads home to North Carolina tomorrow.
We worked in the library most of the day today and said goodbye to our friend Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a retired librarian from North Carolina. She worked in the IBTS library as a volunteer last year and again for a few weeks this winter. Elizabeth came for the Librarians Conference and stayed on for two weeks so she could put in a few more hours here. For a number of years before she retired Elizabeth managed a central library processing center for public schools in North Carolina, so she know what she is doing. Tomorrow Elizabeth heads home, back to the North Carolina hills.

Now that the missionary conference is over it is noticeably quieter in the library. When this week ends and the students who come here for the Intensives Weeks head home I assume it will be much quieter. These students come to IBTS for two to three weeks in September, November and February. They return home with tons of homework that they are to do before they return for the next round of Intensive Weeks. That requires a lot of self-discipline or a lot of long days and late nights the last few weeks before they are to return for more intensive classroom lectures.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.661s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 161; dbt: 0.3788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb