Prague 2: Night Life/ Charles University


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
February 8th 2006
Published: February 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Vysehrad from a farVysehrad from a farVysehrad from a far

Close to my apartment looking at Vysehrad (the two towers) Which is where we take classes.
The night life here is great except that in most the clubs the Czechs go to there is Techno music and they all dance in a line facing the stage, it is rather funny. And they have a screen they are watching which has weird images coming on it. One of these clubs that I went to was called the Roxy.

The Roxy was the first club we went to and it was a great experience but I don’t think I will be going back. The techno was pounding in my head still hours later.

We have managed to find clubs with hip hop thought. But one of them was full of tourists (lots of loud British people). And the other was by college dorms out in the middle nowhere and the name of the club was written on a chalkboard (007). Though it was nice because there were a lot of Charles University students there (so lots of Czecks around my age).

Charles University is the main University in Prague, it has been around since the 13 hundreds and is huge though spread throughout all of Prague. I am studying abroad through Charles University. However since there
Nebe (Heaven)Nebe (Heaven)Nebe (Heaven)

Our first night out at Nebe (meaning Heaven) one of the underground bars.
is no central campus, the abroad program has our own area at this castle. So the only Charles University students I know are the Czech buddies (every apartment has one Czech, Charles University Student), including my roommate, Alena, who is awesome.

Most the clubs and bars are underground. There also are some good bars, there is a bar on at least every block. The first night out we all went to Nebe, which means heaven, though its underground a few flights of stars. A long time ago the river and the city used to be lower. Everything has been build up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Rita and Me on our way to the ClubRita and Me on our way to the Club
Rita and Me on our way to the Club

After walking in cirles and pre partying we are waiting for the bus to take us to the club.
Walking home from VysehradWalking home from Vysehrad
Walking home from Vysehrad

hrad means castle. Also that not me in the picture.


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb