Pretty Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 19th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We timed it perfectly to climb to the top of the Astronomical Clock tower on our final morning. Whilst the snowy weather on the first two days really accentuated Prague's beauty, the clear skies provided us with stunning views over the rust-red rooftops.

Afterwards Laura, Phil and Gill made their way back to London, leaving Cat, Joel and I to roam for the afternoon. We walked for a good five hours, looping back over the many bridges that cross the Vltava River and taking photos of the sites we hadn't lingered at on previous tours.

Foot weary, having circumnavigated the Old, New and Lesser Towns, we finished our trip with something a bit different by heading to Prague's Sex Musuem. Was hilarious to watch an old-school 1920s porn commisioned by the king, and the contraptions people had 'discovered in their attics' all over Europe!

Our flight home wasn't until 10pm, so we snuck back into Miss Sophie's hostel lounge to chillax for a couple of hours, before leaving plenty of time to get to the airport. We didn't want to leave anything to chance this time. Although I could think of worse things than getting stuck in Prague.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Prague TV tower with 'crawling babies'Prague TV tower with 'crawling babies'
Prague TV tower with 'crawling babies'

Like something out of Ally McBeal!


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb