Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 1st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the late update! Studying for mid-terms took up most of my time last week.

Prague was great! After finally finding our hostel in the dark, we got a good nights sleep and woke up for a day of exploring.



We started out exploring the old town of Prague. We climbed the bell tower for a great view of the city... from there we spotted a Salvador Dali museum, so when we got down we headed over to that.

We found an outdoor market with everything from fresh fruit to slingshots... the dollar is still doing pretty well over the Czech krown, so we took advantage of good conversion rates!







Later we met up with Jill and Claudia, and had a delicious falafel dinner with them. Eddie, Rachel and Tess were feeling tired so they went back to the hostel, but Jill, Claudia and I headed to the biggest club in Europe... 5 stories of music, each with a different theme and genre... It was quite an experience.

The next day we headed to "Clear Head" for lunch... One of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to. It had 6 dining zones, each with a different feel... our section had stars in the ceiling, and glowing tables. The food was delicious (and all vegetarian).



After lunch we wandered over the Charles bridge to Mala Strana, the section of Prague that I've been reading about in my Euro Lit class...



We split up for the afternoon, I guess everyone else wanted to do some writing... I climbed up the hill that looks over Prague and then to the top of Pragues mini eiffel tower.



After that I wandered some more. I found a gallery of photography students work. They had some very inspirational installations.





That night we found a bar that we had read about in our map... The front seamed like a somewhat upscale wine bar, but once you walked past that and down a series of staircases, you found yourself in one of seven caves with giant tables, fooseball tables, and bars. It was a very cool atmosphere minus all the smoke.

The next day we wandered around some more and peoplewatched. For one of Rachels classes she has to see a classical concert, so we found one for later that day. The concert was nice, nothing inspirational though...

After that we got some dinner and then realized that I had misread the time on our train ticket and we had missed it...

In short, we made it back in one piece, only missing a few classes, and not in the best of moods. Not the best end to a great trip, but a great trip non-the-less.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb