Prague and Cesky Krumlov


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 11th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

CathedralCathedralCathedral

In Prague
On the way to Prague we stopped in Dresden which also looked like another amazing place to visit, but Ive been told we can't go everywhere so may be another time.

We arrived in Prague and on the first day headed into the centre. On the way we crossed over Charles Bridge which I got told had egg and water mixed into the cement when it was created to make it stronger(crazy). I really enjoyed walking down the maze of medieval lanes towards the main square and when we got there it was magical. We both felt like we were in a fariy tale. My photos don't do it justice and as mum would say "It was out of this world"!

The weather has really changed and we are freezing with not enough winter clothes packed and Im really not enjoying wearing my running shoes with jeans (not cool).

In the main square we had a look at the astronomical clock, it reminded me of the clock in Bern.
We walked around and spent some time marvelling at the beauty and detail of the buildings in the square, then headed towards Prague castle for some more exploring.
PraguePraguePrague

View from the hill by the castle.

The view at the top of Prague castle were great but I was disappointed in not actually seeing a castle like I imagined one to look like. I think I had a pre-determined view from going to Disneyland as a child. There was a nice Cathedral close to the castle which looked like the other 100s of gothic cathedrals Ive seen but I still enjoyed seeing it.


We stayed up late after a nice dinner with some friends we met in the bar, the food was great Dale and I both had pork it was so tender. Otto and Monika came from their town an hour away to meet us and take us around some sights of Prague. We went to the Eiffel Tower and saw some great views of the city.

The next day we were so lucky to be driven all the way to Cesky Krumlov in Bohemias deep south. On the way Monica hopped out of the car at the side of the road a brought a bottle of Burcak, a young sparkling wine. It had about the same percentage of alcohol as beer and it was yum. Cesky Krumlov was as great as every one had said and even more! It had a fabulous old town so quaint we could walk from one end to the other in about 15mins. The town had the Vltava River winding through it and we noticed people canoeing slowly with the current.

The town had a cool tower and as soon as I saw it I felt like I wanted to paint a picture of it. It was painted with cool art work, we went inside and climbed to the top and saw some amazing views. We all decided to take a tour of the castle which was nice although I felt that the tour group was too big.

We had a great meal for lunch called suiccoua and houskouy Kendlie which was steak with cranberrys and some creamy sauce with a little whipped cream on the top. It also come with dumplings. It was unusual but tasty and we both ate it all up.


I loved Cesky Krumlov and hope we can come back one day.


On the way home we stoped off at Zamee Hluboka another castle, now this really looked like a castle. It was really nice to
MeMeMe

With the guard
see and Monica and I had some cool photos taken on a flowery stair case. We have been so lucky to have great friends taking us all around one of my favourite places in the world.





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

ViewView
View

From Charles Bridge
The Eiffle TownThe Eiffle Town
The Eiffle Town

Off Prague
The Tower The Tower
The Tower

Cesky Krumlov, Love it!
Up Up
Up

In the tower


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb