Vienna and Salzburg


Advertisement
Europe
September 14th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A art muesum in ViennaA art muesum in ViennaA art muesum in Vienna

Kunsthauswien What cool art work!
It was so cold and wet the whole time and we decided that the only way we could see the city was by going on the number 1 tram around the city, the tram took us past all the major sights. But in the end we bought ourselves new coats so we didn't freeze too much. The first thing we saw in the city was the cathedral, the roof was so cool all tiled in a pattern. I loved looking at the buildings around Vienna, they all looked like the frosting on a freshly baked wedding cake.

We went to a cool art museum called the Kunsthauswine for half price on Monday it had amazing quirky pieces of art work and sculptures.

We also went on a pub crawl with a few friends we made, it was fun but the pubs we went to were so quite, I guess it was a Monday night and not all of us are on holiday.








Salzburg
We both loved Salzburg especially driving, it was so green and reminded us of home. It was also great to stay in a hotel after 12 nights in
DaleDaleDale

The floor was all uneven
hostel dorms (what a relief to have some space).

It was so nice to spend some time chilling out and we enjoyed walking around the city.





We went to the worlds biggest ice caves in the world which was a great experience and quite a hike. With two 20min walks and a cable car which went on a crazy angle up to the caves we thought we had completed the had yards only to find out once in the caves that there were 700 steps up and 700 down. The views were amazing though and well worth it. We had a great guide who lit up the caves with cool lights and gave us lots of information. Im glad we had our coats because we ended up being in the ice caves for over an hour and it was cold.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dale Dale
Dale

Proud with the NZ sign
Me and BecMe and Bec
Me and Bec

On the pub crawl
CathedralCathedral
Cathedral

Nice roof
MeMe
Me

Freezing cold in Vienna
SalzburgSalzburg
Salzburg

Clothes you can buy in the shops.
The townThe town
The town

Salzburg
Dale Dale
Dale

Found some snow to throw


Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb