"Look, look how beautiful."


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 17th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was our fist day in the city of Prague. Our first problem was finding a seat on the train from Berlin, it appeared that every single seat was booked and that we would probably be told to get off at the next stop. But i sent Laura out like a little search party down the train whilst i guarded the bags, she came back with an olive branch, two very lovely chairs.

The hostel was only a few stops on the metro away from the station, but unfortunately for us the interior wasn't too great. Add to this the fact the lady that ran it used the conversion rate to baffle us out of half a days budget extra for the room and you get a bad start.

However, apart from all this, the city itself is actually very beautiful... Laura never ceased saying "Stuart look, look how beautiful". It was surprising how expensive things are in Prague, maybe it's my ignorance but i had expected it to be cheaper than it was. Laura and myself spent a while looking round to find something within our budget to eat that evening. We settled for pizza in the end, and the portions where massive.

We spent the evening walking around the city looking at the sights. It's a very busy and different city at night but still as laura will tell you... "Beautiful".


Stuart
..
U

A note from Laura....

Silly Stuart forgot to tell you all about charles bridge... It's a beautifull old bridge covered in wonderfull statues and it took one hundred years to build. Look at the pictures "look how beautiful"

Laura
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb