Going to Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
June 23rd 2006
Published: September 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I wanted to focus on going to Prague, but it wasn’t so easy being at school. Everything went ok though, and I got out as quick as I could around 15.10. Kez and Beck picked me up from school. I got changed in the car, dropped my shirt off for dry cleaning, and then we caught the 15.46 train as there was no 15.33.
We got off at West Ham, caught another train to London Bridge, and then it was a mad scramble to try and get on the train for Gatwick. The train was jam packed, standing room only. We managed to get to the airport with a little bit of time to spare. I couldn’t find a fax machine to fax off my time sheet, settled for a snack at McDonalds, which coincided nicely with the announcement of the departure gate for our flight. Arriving at the gate, there was a slight delay. We received a text from Ginko and Nic who are in Prague already, while Chriso arrives tomorrow.
This Ezy-Jet plane was in much better nick than the last one we caught. We were two of the last people on the plane, but still managed to score 3 seats between us. The air conditioning working was also a highlight!
We waited to take off for ages. Once in the air, it was only an hour and a half flight. It was a nice flight, and we saw lots of planes in the air again along with plenty of jet-stream. Before we knew it we were coming in to land in Prague.
Customs was busy. It seemed like it took forever, when in reality it only took about 30 minutes. The delay was due to a big group of elderly Turkish people in front of us and their paper work wasn’t in order. They were hedging their bets between the two lines. When we got through to the other side we got 4,000 Czech Crowns out, and then changed it to smaller currency so we could catch the bus. We got the bus to the end of the line, and then caught the train. We had to change trains, and then at the stop we were meant to get off at our hostel was meant to be only 50 metres away, but we couldn’t find it. Ginko rang us and we soon found them, we had arrived.
At the hostel, we talked for a bit over an hour having the snacks that Ginko and Nic had bought. The Staropramen (or squid lips) wasn’t too bad. Soon after we called it a night. I felt like a kid again with all of us in our bunk beds talking with the lights out until we fell asleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb