Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 5th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Jules and I had been planning to go "somewhere"for a little while, and we finally came up with Prague. So after scaring the daylights out of ourselves about whether we needed visas to get into the Czech Republic, we were off, flying out of Gatwick Airport. Our flight was delayed so we didnt end up leaving til 7.30pm friday night, not having much of a clue where our hostel was!! We ended up sitting next to another aussie, a brisbane girl who was nuts. We laughed for most of the flight until after a couple too many red wines, she somehow managed to drench herself and Jules in a full glass of the stuff!! Nice work aussie!! By the time we arrived and finally found our hostel we were starving so went out to try get some food and a drink. But at midnight in Prague with no Czech language skills we pretty much failed. I ended up eating a snickers bar and what I think was OJ? Our hostel was cool - very cheap only 30GBP for the three nights, and big and clean. Next day went off to Prague castle which was beautiful. Spent whole day waundering around castle, royal palaces and into the city to Charles Bridge which joins the old quarter to the new part of the city. Ran into one too many drunk Poms watching the cricket and making asses of themselves!! Spent next day having a look around the main square and finding a nice restaurant at the end of the day to enjoy a few bottles of vino!! Last full day we spent in and out of bars having a drink, enjoying the Czech food and taking loads of photos. By night we found a cruisy little bar with great music and friendly locals. We had a great night and amazingly enough found our way back to the hostel, after spending nearly an hour trying to work out which tram to get on!! Amazing architechture, great beer and beautiful scenery. Prague is one city I will be going back to in winter to see the eerie images of the haunting keepers of the bridge covered in snow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb