Eastern Europe


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 12th 2007
Published: July 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

HI

leaving soon for the flight back to London. We have had a great time in Central (not eastern, they don't like that) Europe and have met some great people and shared many beers, slivovitzs (sp?) and wines with them. Chris has been a great host and driven us everywhere. Yesterday's effort was like a Bris to Rocky trip ( Kezmarok to Pargue)! He had already done the Bratislavia to Kezmarok trip and a couple of day trips. But you should see the number of trucks on the roads here!!! His little Renault goes like the clappers and fitted the four of us & our baggage well.

We have done two castles in depth, seen scores on hilltops as we drive around, visited lots of churches, been to a concert in a cathederal in Bratislavia, had lunch in a Slovakian home with lots of language barriers, but heaps of smiles and enjoyment by all and eaten heaps of traditional foods. I have eaten the most amazing amount of meat, cabbage and bread products. Now today was a big one, as Chris & I had been voted an amount by our investment club to have a meal and discuss investment opportunities in Central Europe. Well, we actually ate a small joint of Pork each! When I say small, it was 1/2 the size of a Christmas ham! Sandy had garlic soup one night and generally has had quite a few food problems.

Now our typical visit to Tesos (Coles) involved a lot of time looking at packets trying to work out what the products were and if Sandy could eat them. Its really hard. Anyway Sandy got so ill a few days ago that I was really worried that I would have to take her to hospital and have them put her on a drip. We have done that a few times at home, but illness in a country when you don't speak the language is scary! She pulled through I am pleased to say with no hospital visit.

I have not done these two countries (Slovakia and the Czech Republic) properly in this blog, but time has caught up and we really have to go to the airport!

We have really enjoyed the trip and wouldn't change any of it I am pleased to say.

I would like to commend the Cleo feeding team for their efforts and all who have been keeping us up on news.

We land late sunday night and will sleep well into monday morning I am sure!

cheers

pj n Sandy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb