Day ten and eleven 2023 illusions, rain and a giant rat


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 4th 2023
Published: August 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day ten, prague. Up to a very leisurely breakfast on the boat, we had decided to wander to the glow golf to get there as it opened. As we walked towards it there was the loudest alarm type noise for what seemed like days. No one seemed bothered or rushed so we just kept on walking. I still have no idea at all what it was! A bit early we had a drink in a cafe before the wonder that is glow golf. Face paint on (Seth) and spreadsheet at the ready (Ash) we played our hearts out, two of us got holes in one (sorry Ash) and we finished just in time for the massive party of Chinese school kids to pile in! Next up was the hall of illusion. In a shopping centre, it was ...... Interesting. A load of giant paintings you could photograph each other in. Some great some......less so and by the twentieth one, a little less good all round. That said, Seth had a ball and the pictures are fab. It was now raining. A lot. So we did what so tourists do and kept on walking. Eventually I had to break out the rain poncho ( I looked like I was wearing a giant see through condom apparently) till we found a fabulous little Italian place for lunch. The poncho came in use as spaghetti protection for Seth too. A quick walk after and we got to Mr gelato. Amazing ice cream Parlour, amazing ice cream all made even better by Ash spilling ice cream so it made him look like he had wet himself and Shakira coming on the radio, Seth breaking into ' it's time for Africa', dance and all, and the folk at the ice cream place joining in by turning the music up! Now was time for some serious souvenir hunting. Waving cats we found, a Prague duck, we didn't. Wandering back to the hotel we saw what looked like the world's biggest rat on a small island, turns out 'steve' was a coypu and kept us occupied in the drizzle for ages, watching him fishing!

The next day was a travel day. A border crossed into Austria, two supermarkets visited and the 'oh dear fay should probably have researched location more this is ridiculous' place for this holiday. An amazing house annex surrounded by a field of deer but literally in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately I'd read in advance that the sat nav would send us up a horrific and unnecessary track so we avoided that hellish but and didn't the night in the quietest most silent place I think we've ever stayed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb