Csech Rep, Austria, Germany, Greek Islands, France, UK


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 12th 2006
Published: November 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

PraguePraguePrague

castle
Prague

Wow, what can I say we absolutely loved Prague it was such a beautiful city. There was so much to do and so much to see we stayed 3 nights but wished we had stayed more. We met heaps of people there and once again a heap of Aussies! We stayed at the hostel called Sir Toby’s and it was the best Hostel we have stayed at so far the people were so nice and the hostel was unreal it even had a bar that was under the ground and stayed open until 1.00am. It served really cheap beer. We visited the Prague Castle at sunset which looked unreal in our photo's. We did a walking tour of Prague in the day with our guide from the Hostel and he was hilarous!! We even seen a wedding photo shoot at this beautiful church and the dress the lady had on was so amazing!!! We got phot's aswell!

We hit the town with about 20 of us from the hostel and went to this club and there were these guys that were like breakdancing on the floor. Lucas got a video of it as they were so good! The night life was really good there. There was a lot of shopping at Prague alot of jewellery (amber stones).

We met this Aussie at the Hostel called Rob he was from Melbourne and was hilariously funny, very good value. He followed us to Czesky Krumlov 3 hours south of Prague.


Czesky Krumlov

We stayed at a hostel called “Hostel 99” one of the worst sleeps we have ever experienced on a bed that felt as hard as the floor and a pillow that just did nothing in a 20 person doorm with people coming in so drunk all hours of the night/morning, but the restaurant made up for it as it was the best food we have ever eaten!! We went white water rafting down a river for 4 hours and had 3 pub stops for beer along the way it was heaps of fun! The town was very little and not too much to see there but was very nice.

We walked around the town in one day it was really pretty, and we got some good photos.

Vienna

We then caught a bus to Vienna in Austria. Once again, a really
AustriaAustriaAustria

Aussie Pub
pretty city with so much to see and very good shopping!! We stayed at an Aussie Hostel called “Wombat’s” it was creally cool. It had a club underneath it and the whole hostel accommodated 260 people it was massive. We went to an aussie pub in the city called “Cross Field” and had a bite to eat. It was funny to see what they had on the menu. They had normal stuff like vegemite toast for brekkie but had kangaroo meat burgers, crocodile, Ostrich, stuff that we don’t really eat, we all had a xxxx to drink and watched the soccer. We then caught the train to Munich for the Oktoberfest.

Munich

The weather was miserable, raining and cold. We were booked into a camping ground in two man tents and we all were not very keen to be staying there with the weather but had no choice as we had already pre-paid for it and could not cancel. We could not check in until a friend of a friend arrived who Lucas & I didn’t know and it wasn’t until like 9.30 at night until she arrived that we could check-in and we had no idea what
MunichMunichMunich

Oktoberfest
the tents were like and if they supplied mattresses etc. Once we checked in we realised that there were no mattresses and we had to sleep just in our sleeping bags on the cold ground and it was very uncomfortable. I took 2 sleeping pills and went to sleep but woke up with the sorest neck and back. Luckily the next day we bought some rubber mats to sleep on, but they were still pretty bad. We went to the Oktoberfest for 2 nights and had an awesome time. We all started on 1 stein and then had another and then I was absolutely drunk and on the verge of passing out I just could not drink anymore!!! We ate some traditional food, a massive pretzel and half a roast chicken each, they were very yummy! I went on my first roller coaster ever at the festival it was called the “Olympic Rollercoaster” and I absolutely packed myself, had my head down the whole time and Lucas was laughing at me. The festival was so good I'd deffinitly reccomend you all to go, it's unreal.

Lucas & I decided after 3 nights it was enough for us so we
BerlinBerlinBerlin

Fat Tire Bike Tour
checked out of camping early and booked the Greek Islands, but what a mission to get there!!!

Greek Islands

Firstly we booked a taxi for 3.45am to pick us up at the Camping Grounds which took 20 minutes to get into town and then we caught the metro to the airport which took 1 hour and then we caught a flight to Athens which took 2 hours then we caught a bus to the port which took 1 hour and then we caught a Ferry to Mykonos Island which took 3 hours and then we caught a taxi to the Hotel which took 20 minutes, I was motion sick after all that especially on the Ferry I thought I was going to be sick. Lucas was telling me it was all in my head but I knew that it wasn’t because I am not good on a boat, I always get sick. I purchased some travel calm cewing gum for the next ferry I had to catch to Santorini. Mykonos was great so beautiful. We hired quad bikes and rode around the island for 1 day which was cool as we got to see a lot of things.

We went to this beach called Paradise Beach and it was unreal, it had a bar right on the sand with a pool bar and DJ it went off!!! We had cocktails there and a great time!!

The food in Greece was great, we ate a lot of Gyros as they were cheap and tasty!

We then went to Santorini which was beautiful and we did a tour for one day to an active volcaneo and climbed to the top which was unreal!!! We even seen a crater that hot smoke coming out of it. We then went and swam in the hot springs and then went and had lunch on the island of Thirissa and then we rode donkey’s up a hill to a castle at top where we sat and watched the sunset which was surreal!! Santorini was very high and if you don’t like heights I wouldn’t recommend it as it is very scary!!

The islands were just amazing, everyone she visit they are just so nice!

Berlin

We then flew to Berlin from Athens and we didn’t arrive at our hostel until 3.00am in the morning. The hostel we stayed
Greek IslandsGreek IslandsGreek Islands

Windmills, Mykonos
at was really nice it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. We did the fat tire bike tour there and seen a lot of sad things and a lot to do with Hitler which was rather depressing but interesting at the same time. We ate out each night at this Indian restaurant which was so nice. We could not get over how many prostitutes we seen even outside near the restaurants we were just blown away as they were really pretty girls and we just couldn’t believe it! There was really good shopping in Berlin too. We then caught the train over to Amsterdam.


Amsterdam

We arrived in Amsterdam on Saturday which was a very busy day as a lot of people must travel from everywhere just for the weekend as I had never seen that many people in my life it was crazy trying to walk along the street especially with our back packs. Our hostel was called the “Flying Pig” it was mad!! There was this couch thing in the Reception area where all the stoners just laid there all day and then there was a bar as well which sold very cheap beer we drank there every night. We ventured into the Red Light District to see what all the fuss was about and were blown away by the prostitutes in the windows they were a classic to see!! The shopping was unreal! We had never seen such a mixed race of people in one town it was really weird. Amsterdam was a lot of fun. We then caught the train to Paris.

Paris

WOW! I loved Paris!!! Mainly because of the fashion, shopping and the beautiful monuments, it was amazing. We did the Fat Tire Bike Tour at night which also included a river cruise. It went for 5 hours and it took us all over the city we got to see a lot of things. We climbed the Eiffel Tower and it was amazing! We also visited the Louvre and Champs Elysee’s and so much more! I splurged and bought a big coat to take with me to London it is very nice!! Poor Lucas had to put up with Jayne and I shopping neary ever day we were there! We found the people to be very friendly and we definitely think we will visit again before coming
ParisParisParis

Eiffel Tower
home. It only took 2 hours 40 minutes by train to London so it’s not very far at all.

London

Well we finally made it and were picked up by my lovely relative Tonie and were taken back to her place at Potters Bar in Hertfordshire to meet the rest of the family and we had a nice English cooked roast meal, yum!!!!! We didn’t relax long in the first week as we were straight into Job Agency interviews and looking for places to rent. I signed up with a few agents and had interviews almost immediately. I was offered a job that week and started the following week in a US Law Firm in the City. I have now been there 4 weeks and it is great! Lucas was offered a job as a mobile refrigeration air-conditioning mechanic 1 week after me and was given a company car to drive around in London. He has been working there now for 3 weeks. He has found the driving a bit of a challenge however is slowly getting to know where things are (I think he is made to be driving in London as the roads and the way
ParisParisParis

Notredam
people drive in the city is just crazy!!!!!!!!!!) We stayed at the rellies for 4 weeks which was fantastic whilst we were looking for places to rent and settling into our work (Tonie, thank you so much again for letting us stay, much appreciated!!!!). We finally found a really nice flat in Southfields near Wimbledon sharing with a South African Lawyer named Robyn, she is lovely. We have been in the apartment for 1 week now and it is great!!!

We are yet to do a tour of London as we have just been so busy. I went to the Portobello Road Markets at Notting Hill this weekend with Kate and we had an absolute ball. It would have to be the best market I have even been to, so many clothes, jewellery, shoes, retro stuff, antiques and so much more. Kate & I spent all day there from 11.00 to 5.00pm!! We are heading to the Camden markets this weekend and they are meant to be even bigger!! We went out last night in Wandsworth to farewell Bernie home back to Australia, it was a good night! Lucas caught up with Cal to watch the footy and that’s
AmsterdamAmsterdamAmsterdam

red light district
about it we haven’t done much else.

We are going to see the Socceroo’s play Ghanda on Tuesday night in Shepherds Bush which should be a good night can’t wait!!

We have booked a ski trip to the French Alps in February which we can hardly wait for! We are also heading to Norway in Janauary for a weekend to visit our flatmate’s brother who lives there and go skiing and snowboarding and Kite surfing for Lucas!!

We are planning a weekend away down to Newquay, Bath, Brighton soon so that should be good as well.

Anyway that’s our journey to date and we are having such a great time and we miss you all!!!

Take care

Chloe & Lucas



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb