Walking, walking


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Vinohrady
September 17th 2014
Saved: May 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The gardens of the Summer PalaceThe gardens of the Summer PalaceThe gardens of the Summer Palace

The royals used to hunt here. We saw a squirrell.
So, we like to do walking tours. Walking tours that travel writers have written up in travel books. Sometimes, those instructions can be a little "loose" and we forget which way is east. This always leads to vigorous discussion and debate. Mark says all the navigating through twisting, turning streets is good for our brains. I say, "But is it good for the relationship"? We did a walking tour on Wednsday (happy birthday Stella!) starting at the gorgeous summer palace and then meandering through all sorts of huge parks, gardens and eventually streets. We stopped about halfway for lunch at the Veletrzni Palace. We decided to go see the modern artworks inside. We had tabouli and mezes and was it especially nice to eat something other than the Czech fare. Here, they love their meat, potato and dumplings. They also usually also bring you half a loaf of bread sliced up to eat with your potatoes/dumplings. No green colours to be found unless you specifically order some. It can all get a little stodgy. In the evening we ate alongside the river at a tapas floating restaurant and then heard some very fine jazz at Jazz Dock. Thursday involved another two hour or so walk through Vinohrady where a quite extensive vineyard still grows. if I had to live in Prague, this would be the spot. There were gorgeous art nouveau apartment blocks, most of them painted in gelati colours and again, little green gardens were peppered throughout. All of this set on a hill with many of the streets lined with huge deciduous trees. Very nice indeed. The sun continues to shine and the sky is a brilliant blue. I believe it is warmer here than Adelaide currently. Pity I brought so many warm clothes...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Veletrzni PalaceVeletrzni Palace
Veletrzni Palace

The building was stunning as we're the art works.
New green glassesNew green glasses
New green glasses

I would like a pair of glasses to match all those gorgeous subways stations.


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb