Czech this out!!!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
June 24th 2009
Published: June 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we're not in Prague anymore but in Vienna (I (SB) wanted to put the czech republic on the travel map). The day started well, we arrived only 2.5 hrs late after an interesting night on a night train witzh a very scary guard. The people in our carriage arrived, cried and left which made us feel so special. Prague however was very pretty, if a little damp. We decided we wanted to go to Prague Castle which apparently is lovely. We found it, but we couldnt find a way *into* it! Once we did we did we saw the changing of the guard, in which no guards changed... Odd. (Prague Castle is apparently the biggest in Europe, its more like the biggest extension in Europe). We found that we could go inside, if we paid around ten pounds each and we decided against it. Next we went to Petrin Tower. It is a replica of the Eiffel Tower. Sadly there are no signs to it, so we just walked in the general direction...up. A very, very steep, muddy hill... in sandals. Did we mention it was also raining? Lots. We had been told the view was amazing, which it would have been, if we could have seen anything for the clouds. Then we went on the hunt for a dragon thing we had been told about. We found it and it turned out to be an art gallery with loads of mythical paintings in. There was also Lord of the Rings music on constant loop, and free sangria and sofas. Woo for the sofas and sangria, boo for the lord of the rings...after the first time we heard it.

Czech Republic was yet another place not keen on debit cards, so again we had much cash related fun. Ah well. All in all, very pretty.

Then it was onto Vienna.....





Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb