Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Malá Strana
October 25th 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This city gets multiple posts—not because of its lack of ease of finding wifi but because of its beauty. I have taken more than 150 pictures in three days and must share. This city is magnificent—the buildings and churches and castles and roads are preserved in a way you can’t imagine. Every person I talked to who has been to Prague has said, “just walk, you can’t go wrong. " And, indeed the advice has been right on.

This trip is never without its dull moments and most of our time is programmed but on this trip we were incredibly fortunate to have Saturday to tour the Bohemian countryside followed by a down day in Sunday that we programmed for ourselves as busy as the rest of our days! As much as I love this trip, I most admit I am ready for a lazy Sunday morning with the newspaper, cuddling with my dogs and sipping hot coffee. Oh, and awaiting my teenagers to emerge from bed at noon sleepily awaiting their own day off. Ah, two more weeks and I will have that experience!

So, Saturday we were in the Bohemia countryside and that's a long story that shall wait for tomorrow. Actually tonight photos will have to suffice and I'll provide narrative later. Wifi has been sporadic and I wanted to post some pictures before I lose my connection. One more day here in Prague and with luck we leave for Paris Wednesday am. Turns out there is a big protest scheduled for tomorrow re: the government decision to raise retirement age from 60 to 62. We're assured we'll get there somehow.

Seriously, some pretty eccentric stories coming your way but for now enjoy the shots from this incredibly picturesque corner of the world!



Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb