Relaxing Drive


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria
September 27th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.2367, 13.9386

We drove to the interior of Istria to see the gorge that inspired Jules Verne to write "Journey to the Center of the Earth". After seeing it all we can say is Jules was a very easily inspired person. And Frommer gave it three stars! Sorry, no picture. In fact, we only include one of an olive grove.

Now for the sad part. We must leave Croatia tomorrow, and our route will take us by Vicki and Carol Ann's old stomping grounds in the former Northwest of Yugoslavia.

The Croatian people are a very pleasant lot. Invariably with a smile and quick to assist. Most of their country is rugged, doesn't lend itself to agriculture, but beautiful and extreme. In some contrast to much of the country Istria, which is a triangular peninsula in the Northwest, receives more rain and the soil appears rich. As we noted yesterday there is extensive olives and grapes cultivated.

Next stop is Salzburg followed two days later by Munich and Oktoberfest (we will actually attend the real thing). We promise to drink a beer for you.

It is a bit after four pm here on Sunday as we type this. We purchased online viewing of the Falcon's game. Sure look forward to them beating the evil Cowboys.

Advertisement



28th September 2015

Your team won. Looking like a good team, tim
28th September 2015

Yes Tim, we watched the game. First half not so great but sure beat them in the second. Perhaps the season will not be so bad. Now if Georgia can beat Alabama, the world will be right.

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb