Zagreb and Rijeka


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Rijeka
July 12th 2014
Published: July 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Zagreb pub crawl was mental. Unfortunately both Lizzie and I were a bit out of it the next day, with slight hangovers on top of the colds we already had. We went to see the church and sat in the park for a bit but Zagreb is definitely one to return to.
Rijeka was interesting, although the hostel was a bit of a let down. First we had to stand outside for 20 minutes until someone let us in, then there was no one for us to check in with and then (the worst thing as far as I was concerned) the WiFi didn't even work, hence the lack of blogs the last few days. We spent a lot of time in McDonald's because it had free WiFi. Rijeka is a nice enough port town, the third largest city in Croatia although after two days we had kind of run out of stuff to do. The second day we spent all morning and most of the afternoon trying to figure out a plan for the rest of the trip. It was nice to be by the sea though.
Last night we undertook the 19 hour train journey from Rijeka, Croatia to Maastricht, the Netherlands. We left Rijeka at 20.40 last night and were in Maastricht at about 15.45 today. To say we're tired is an understatement; the journey included 7 separate train journeys.
Now the next week to be spent exploring the other side of Europe!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb