Pula, a wonderful small city at the end of a croatian peninsula


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Pula
June 16th 2013
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Pula...a small city, but full of roman vestiges !

The Croatia is becoming more and more attractive for tourists, so, prices are becoming expensive...

The restaurants, products in supermarket, and hotels, are the same price than in France and for some more expensive! So prepare your wallet !

But, fortunately, ice creams cost around 80ct (€) !

For the hotels, you can, or go in a hotel in the center to go by walk to the different sightseeing, and enjoy citycenter life; or go in some kind of clubs next to the sea. In clubs, you can swim in the sea (or swimming pool), hiking on the coasts...and just take a bus to the city center, or go by walk if you want ! (that's what we did).

In the city, you have a lot of forts, but, I don't know why, they just don't take care of...You can't go inside, just walk by surrouding its.

That's only inside the city center, that you can find vestiges in good state. The temple of augustus, the amphitheater, an old theatre (the ruins remaning...)

The entrance for the amphitheater cost 40kn (so, around 5€), and it's really...useless ! You see the same things from the inside that the outside...Save 5€ for gifts or food !

About gifts, take care, because in the duty free at the airport, gifts are way cheaper than in the city !

There are caves around the city, and other important sightseeing, but transports in Croatia are crappy...there is no bus, no train to reach the caves, and only few bus to go to a famous lake, and it's way more expensive than in France or any other country I went in...

From the airport, there is a bus (around 3€) to reach the city center, obviously every day, from 9am to 6pm if I remember well.

But, be REALLY careful with the return (city center - airport), when we arrived, there was no bus ! And so there is only one bus per day at a special hour (for exemple at 10am on wednesdays). So if you need to be to the airport at 9am, get a cab, rent a car, or whatever...but you are screw for the bus !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb