Plitvicka Lakes Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Korenica
July 24th 2014
Published: July 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We travelled over beautiful mountain roads as high as 950 metres on the way to the border. We had coffee on the way in a roadhouse, where a very excited young man served us, who had never met Australian travellers. We left him one of those mini Koalas in his indoor plant as if he had been given a watch so happy. The border went quickly and we knew where to go for it was close to Plitvicke lakes, We stayed at this Pension before but at the time Liz could not go to the Lakes because of leg troubles. After hello's we went to our room which was heavenly quiet after our super noisy room at Sarajevo. Early dinner and early to bed. The following day to the Lakes. It is a mountain range with springs everywhere. The water starts on the top, flows along escarpments in waterfalls to the various levels and forms lakes in three different places. You walk over mainly board planks not nicely level as it would be by us. But roughly sawn branches and if lucky here and there straight planks. We chose the four to six hour walk. Unfortunately it started to rain, umbrellas covering the cameras and we just tramped on. It was magnificent beautiful. We walked. climbed shuffled and photographed for six hours. To get back to the car, we had to go with an electric ferry. But after that we had to climb up the mountain with it seems hundred of stone steps. Oh Boy, that was not so good after a six hour walk and climb. We slept like babies after we had tea. What a day, what beautiful memories. We will be thankful for ever after such a gift.


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb