Sarajevo


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » East » Sarajevo
July 22nd 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are in the centre of the old city of Sarajevo. On the small square were the taxis and busses that collect the passengers Also a car park that is a hive of activity. Again we are in a city of the early Romans and Ottomans. In many streets and shops are places to eat. We thought we were back in Turkey, with souks and all. Whole streets are dedicated to trades. Such as Jewellers, Metal artists and Carpet sellers etc. It is also the first city in Europe to own an electric tram work. They are still very sensitive about the assignation of the Arch Duke of Austria in 1914 and the recent Bosnia war. Again UNESCO is assisting in the preservation of many sites one such the city hall, which now is the National Library of Bosnia Herzegovina. Sarajevo is surrounded by natural springs and you find taps and fountains everywhere. they say it is the best water in the world. Again meals are cheap but you have to watch out they put snacks and bread on the table while you wait for your meal. wether you eat it or not. they charge you for it. The people in the shops and restaurant speak some English. It is a real touristic city with all sorts of nationalities around you. Did not see or hear any Aussies, apart from one who told us he was from Geelong but we think original from Serbia. With listening to the Geelong AFL match on his phone. Hate to see his phone bill when he is back. After two days in this beautiful city we leave for Croatia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.49s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb