Cruising


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia
September 8th 2006
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Relaxing Relaxing Relaxing

Swam off the boat near Scedro Island
Booked a 7-night cruise down the Dalmatian Coast with Busabout. The ship "Princess Tuna" was operated by Katarina Line.

Itinerary was a round trip from Split and ventured to the islands of Hvar, Korcula, Brac, Sipan, Lopud, Scedro and Mljet; plus the mainland towns of Dubrovnik and Makarska.

Not enough superlatives to describe the trip. For starters we had great weather every day, unlike the previous week's cruise where they had a bad storm and rough seas for 2 days and everyone got sick. Top crew, great company, and superb food.

Every day we went to a beautiful secluded inlet for swimming and lunch, before heading onto our port to dock for the night. Saw a fair bit (literally) of a boatful of sea-faring nudists, including their nude skipper.

July and August is just crazy in Croatia as it is overrun by Europeans, especially the Italians (even Italy's now too expensive for them). This week was great as it wasn't too busy being the end of the school holidays. Best time to come to Croatia as the water is cool and really refreshing. Had the most relaxing week. I would definitely recommend this type of cruise to anyone who wants a quick and compact experience of the most picturesque part of Croatia.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Hvar IslandHvar Island
Hvar Island

Gorgeous view from the Venetian fortress. Fresh lavender scents everywhere as you walk around.
Korcula IslandKorcula Island
Korcula Island

Birthplace of Marco Polo
Secluded inletSecluded inlet
Secluded inlet

near Polace, Mljet Island
Dinner on boardDinner on board
Dinner on board

Grilled red snapper
Plaza Sunj, Lopud IslandPlaza Sunj, Lopud Island
Plaza Sunj, Lopud Island

Only sandy beach in Dalmatia. Rest of them are pebbly & tough on the feet. Don't go wandering off as there are still unexploded landmines inland.
Dubrovnik city wallsDubrovnik city walls
Dubrovnik city walls

Most of the city's terracotta roofs have been restored after war damage from Serbian forces in early 90's.
Bol, Brac IslandBol, Brac Island
Bol, Brac Island

Famous Golden Arch beach
Swimming spotSwimming spot
Swimming spot

Brac Island
WineWine
Wine

Plenty of grape vines on the islands
Last SupperLast Supper
Last Supper

With Nina (Melbourne), Debbie (Vancouver), Thomas & Eva (Germany), Ann & Graham (Auckland)
Feed meFeed me
Feed me

Croatians love their meat (pork, beef, meatballs, sausages, liver), pasta (with scampi). Lastly sampled some breadcrumbed frogs legs!!!


12th September 2006

Cruising/ Sunshine
All these great sights after 2 weeks of rain in Sydney. Have you no shame.
15th September 2006

Soak up the sun and bring some back for us girl ;-) Nice to see someone having fun.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb