Sea organ and sun disk ... doesn't get much better


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Zadar
October 6th 2008
Published: December 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Zadar - city with 2 of the coolest things in Europe - the Sea Organ and the Sun Disk. These 2 things lift Zadar from being just another lovely Croatian coastal town to being a special place in my memory.

Our first stop was coffee for me, a gallery for the guys then off to centre of happiness - the Sea Organ. Outside the old town on the sea front they have build a series of pipes into the waterfront so that the in and out of the waves create sounds along the waterfront. It's a wonderfully relaxing place to sit and spend an hour or 2. For us that meant sitting, talking and acting the goat. We had a mini exercise session, which I ran ... yes I know ... not the biggest advocate of practice, but know the theory back to front. We even managed to attract a little audience - I think they just thought we were mad, but then again that's pretty usual for me, but I think a new experience for Joy and Jonathon.

Sun was back out so we made our way along the coast to find another sliver (literally) of sand to top up the tan a bit more. 3 or 4 hours of that (and one book) it was back to town to have a bit more of a look around aka. walk up and down before heading back to the sea organ and the 2nd wonder of Zadar - the Sun Disc.

This is a very cool reflective circle with inbuilt lights which change colour as the sun goes down. Naturally it was photo time and the challenge to get THE photo with all of us off the disc at the same time. Took about a dozen attempts, one dropped camera and another audience to achieve it, but we did. We probably spent an hour or 2 playing with the lights and then listening to the organ some more before food and the long walk back to our accommodation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb