Getting around in the UP


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
September 2nd 2014
Published: October 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The sun salutationThe sun salutationThe sun salutation

This was like a huge dance floor, with so many lights and colours! We spent a while here just walking around and taking it in. The atmosphere was great.
Over the next couple of days in Croatia, our trusted little car really was a life saver! We ventured back into the city of Zadar ,and also drove 1 and a half hours to Split for a day.

One evening in Zadar we discovered something very cool, Zadar's sea organ and sun salutation. These can both be found by the sea. The sea organ is basically a series of metal tubes placed underneath the waterfronts steps. When the water moves in and out of the tubes, it forces air out playing music in the process. You can hear this in one of the videos we have added. This is literally all that is happening for that music to be made, crazy! It really is a beautiful place to visit, especially at night when you can sit watching the sea and waves and listen to the music!

The sun salutation is equally as inventive, and also very unique. During the day, the installation stores up solar energy, which it then uses to project a light show on to what is effectively a huge dance floor close to the harbour. We hadn't heard of, or researched either of these places before our visit, we very fortunately stumbled upon them both and we are so glad that we did as they were both definitely a brilliant experience.



The following day we decided to take the 90 minute drive to Split to see what this city had to offer. It was very beautiful to look at, intriguing architecture, sunning beaches, a lovely harbour, (this was randomly where we ended up parking the car by a huge boat) and many places to eat or drink. The beach was gorgeous but we hadn't taken towels or anything with us so we couldn't swim 😞 But it was still lovely to relax on the beach for a while. The beaches by our apartment weren't sand so it wasn't the same experience. Just walking around the city was enjoyable without doing anything in particular, it was fun discovering things this way.

We had a lovely day exploring Split, it was nice to visit another part of Croatia, but unfortunately we had the return 90 minute drive to do before we could enjoy our evening. When i see we .. I mean Chris, he did all the driving in Croatia, and did a great
Parked the car!Parked the car!Parked the car!

Very random place to leave the car, we were worried that this would be locked in when we got back, luckily it wasn't!
job , well there was one hiccup which you can read about in another blog!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Streets of splitStreets of split
Streets of split

It was lovely to walk round the city and take in the architecture and views
BeachBeach
Beach

Speaks for itself, no caption really needed :)


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb