Day 35


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
June 23rd 2015
Published: June 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke to a perfect day, blue skies around 25 degrees.

The pool and beach look great, but we have to see the town today.

We take the 40 minute stroll along the beach into town.

A lot different to other destinations, it feels a lot poorer, but happier community here.

Most of the old croations are spending there day on beaches or playing cards, whilst the young ones all speak excellent English and have hospitality or tourism jobs.

All are very polite and we haven't found any different with the anyone we have met.

The old town square is still based around the crumbling walls, built back in the 3 or 4 th century.

The markets are mainly common people selling the small amount of produce they have grown or caught.

There doesn't seem to be big commercial stalls as it still operates like it has done for many years.

After exploring the town, we climb the old bell tower in the middle and can see the old perimiter of the walls and towers.

You also see the towns edge and the Rocky Mountains around it.

The bright terracotta roofs contrasting to the blue ocean makes for a good pic.

Head back for a swim and a few drinks before another lovely meal overlooking the coast.



RIP ?MUM? 3/09/1941 - 22/6/2015


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb