Towards the coast - Split


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
June 11th 2009
Published: June 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yagreb to Split


We caught another bus from Zagreb to Spilt on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. It all started to go wrong at the coach station, Tony brought two tickets to Split for 200kn each and mistook a 200kn note for a 100kn and effectively handed over an extra 25 quid! We then boarded the "Willy Fog" bus and it literally stopped EVERYWHERE, the journey which was supposed to take 6 hours (according to the lying lady at the Zagreb bus station) actually took 8 and half hours!

Luckily we had booked an apartment just on the boundary of the old city, so we did not need to hunt around for somewhere to stay. The “apartment” was a large room with a little kitchen and bathroom, but most importantly this little number had a washing machine!!!! So FINALLY clean clothes!!!!

We ventured into the old town which is a Unesco Site, for some food and drinks. The old town is soooo cool, it is all built within an old Diocletian’s Palace and had loads of little alley ways and bars everywhere. Tony had the best calamari he had ever had in some lovely little restaurant.

Even after the worst bus journey ever we LOVE Croatia, they literally drink dusk till dawn, they don’t seem to work and its HOT HOT HOT oh and nice and cheap!!!!

We spent 2 nights here just chilling out by the beach, exploring the little streets of the old town, sampling the local night life and generally soaking up the atmosphere. We also found a new way for Tony to sunbathe see picture of a local demonstrating!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb