Vacation from Vacation


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

No words or pictures can even come close to describing a fascimile of the beautiful region we are in. Split, in southern Croatia, is by far the most beautiful place I (Leah) have seen yet. It feels a little bit like a ritzy American resort city, but we only paid $20 for our OWN apartment last night. The extent of our activities is lying on the beach and swimming in the purely aquamarine waters of the Adriatic. To put it simply: This is the *%#&*&! life. Although I resemble a slightly overgrown lobster, this is by far one of my favorite places here. Last night, for some reason (we think it is some sort of independence celebration) there was a huge stage set up with live music and free food being given out and people everywhere just having a good time. It was like they knew we were coming! The best part was, after a day of train rides and beach lazing and general meandering, we sat on the edge of the water near where all the boats were and looked at the gorgeous city alight on the sea, and right as we were getting up to go back to our apartment, this ten-minute long fireworks ceremony went off. We were literally RIGHT in front of it, and it was unlike anything I had seen in the U.S... I felt like a little kid again as my jaw hung open throughout the entire show. Twas the perfect icing on the cake. 😊 We are having a wonderful time, even if one of us is rapidly getting skin cancer... We miss you all, keep you posted soon! We are off to Venice in a few minutes, so check back soon!

Advertisement



2nd July 2008

Wear your sunscreen!!
Hello, my little lobster! Sounds again like the time of your life! Did you go to Pletvitse? No mention in your blog, and I thought it was a "must see" on your list. So it's off to Italy, have a wonderful time and (old saying by now), have some chocolate gelato for me. Hug Sara for me.... Love, Mom
2nd July 2008

Loving your travelogs
We are so enjoying your play-by-play on your way through Europe. What a treat to meet wonderful people, see great sites and know there is so much more to come!Thanks for taking to time to keep us up-to-date on your whereabouts. And keep 'em coming. Hugs.
2nd July 2008

I've heard Croatia is nice, but by the way you've described it, it sounds amazing! I can't believe you got an apartment for $20!! That's awesome! Hope you ride a gondola in Venice!!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb