Welcome to Zagreb


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hellooo Americans!
Its Sara. I apologize in advance for my terrible punctuation, these keyboards dont like contractions, apparently. We are in a really fun hostel in Zagreb, arriving here after taking a 5:57 AM train, which really was horrid, except we had our own compartment. Our last night in Vienna we spent at the Museumquartier, where there is a plaza between the major museums that people hang out and talk in, and can get drinks from a nearby terrace/cafe thingie. Anywho, we bid adieu to Alex and Csilla, our wonderul emergency hosts and set out for Hostel Lika.

We met some really nice people and Leah and I had dinner and spent the evening with a girl named Suzy, who is originally from Ohio, but is studying at the University of Manchester. After a really superb dinner (at a restaurant, a first for us on this trip), we spent a few hours talking by a gorgeous fountain in a park right outside the main train station. Then we went back to the hostel for an anticipated night of card games and more chatting.

When we got to the hostel again, we met some German boys by the names of Leo and Lars who were getting a group of people together to go clubbing across town by this huge lake (which we are getting to spend the day at as I type) at this place called Piranha. We hadnt really experienced any of the nightlife in the places wed been before, so the three of us joined the group.

I dont have much experience with American clubs, but clubs in Eastern Europe are crazy! People dont really start to come in until about 1AM and around 3 is when it starts getting really good. So we danced the night away, getting home around 4AM and feeling really lucky that we didnt have to figure out a place to sleep for the night. It was really fun to just hang out and dance to American music that everyone there seemed to know!

Today we are spending the day at the lake which has swimming, surfing, beach sports, etc. and then later tonight we are going to watch the EuroCup Final Germany vs. Spain with Leo and Lars. I believe that Leah is the only one rooting for Spain, so she might get a bit beaten up on 😉 Otherwise, all else is well here and I hope everyone is enjoying themselves back home!! Lots of love, Sara

P.S. Leah is in the shower, but it is safe to say that she says hi and sends her love.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb