Krka National Park


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Skradin
July 16th 2017
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Krka National Park

Krka is another beautiful spot, famous for the water features – waterfalls, travertines, rivers and lakes. It’s massively popular amd well worth the visit. We spent two nights staying in an apartment above the village of Skradin, which has easy access to the National Park. It’s relatively expensive to visit the park so we decided to spend one full day there, taking the 8am boat into the park. This is the first boat of the day and definitely a good choice as the number of people in the park jumped dramatically at around 10am, giving us a couple of peaceful hours. They limit the number of people to the park to 10,000 per day – and that’s in a 2km square area, with one main trail on boardwalks and one swimming area – so it gets pretty crowded.

The main circular board walk is just 2km long, we managed to take over 3 hours to do this! It was so lovely we kept stopping to take photos, enjoying the huge number of dragonflies (how many photos does one need of a drogonfly?!), frogs, fish, birds and of course the waterfalls.

There are several regions to the park; Skradin is the most popular, other areas are accessible either by paying for more boat journeys or by going from Skradin by car, which is what we did. We went up to Roski Slap, the second most popular area. The water features are not so impressive here, gently dropping small falls. But it’s a very pleasant area. We walked up the 500+ steps to the cave that had been inhabited in Neolithic times (spotted one bat), then up to a view point. Even more dragonflies. Most people were at the water front enjoying the swimming and cafes in the old water mills.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb