We Spent the Day in Croatia!


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 29th 2005
Published: May 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,
Great hearing from you and I'm really enjoying keeping in touch and sharing my thoughts and experiences during this trip.
We were in Croatia today, arrived in the am and left several hours ago. Croatia is near Bosnia, Austria and Hungry. We have never been to Croatia before and did not know what to expect. It is a very beautiful country and the people were very friendly. Here are a few facts about Croatia from a book that I bought today:
Croatia has pristine beaches and the cleanest and clearest water in the Mediterranean region. Dubrovnik is one of the most unique cities in the world, a place of ancient streets lined with stone palaces, Venetian-style buildings and bell towers.
I had a lot of fun today. I bought some books and other cool things. The thing I enjoyed the most was visiting an ancient church and seeing relics from many saints. I was really scared when I saw the bones displayed in glass cases, but I looked at them anyway. I liked all the gold in the churches, they were very nice. We also visited a Franciscan Monastery, the oldest working pharmacy in the world and a beautiful botanical garden. I really loved all the beautiful flowers at the gardens.
After our cruise ship departed today at 5:00p, we sailed for about 1 1/2 hours and all of a sudden we noticed that we were back in the same spot as we departed?? It turns out that there was a medical emergency on the boat and they turned around and came back to the populated part of the country.
We are going to be sailing all day tomorrow and on Tuesday, we will be in Athens, Greece on Wednesday.
Good Night to All!
Love, Michael
Special Notes:
Cousin Joanne-Mom did love shopping in Venice, there are a LOT of great shops there, all her favorites! Hope you had a nice vacation.
Uncle Gerard-The patron saint of Dubrovnik is St. Blaise, your birthday saint. Hope Biagio and Noah are enjoying no school.
Hello Aunt Irene, happy to hear from you, everyone said hello!
Jackie-hope your enjoying being off from school, I sure am!


Advertisement



30th May 2005

michael
happy you all enjoyed croatia i hope brittanyis having a good time,look after her michael yourher big brother poppie - gabbie6398
30th May 2005

Croatia visit
Michael: What did you like the best about Croatia? What did you like the least? Did you meet anyone your own age? If you did were you able to take some time to speak to him or her? - Cousin Jo Ann

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb