The last from Dubrovnik...


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
August 2nd 2014
Published: August 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Sunning on Banje.
Today was our last day in the city if Dubrovnik. The day started with dad visiting with Tom's Tripadvisor friend Carol. After breakfast, we were off to our 2nd day at Banje. The weather was really nice. It was the hottest day of the trip so far. Aside from all of the swimming and jumping into the water, 5 of the grand kids went parasailing. Abbey teamed up with Adam, Tomi and Kailee went together, amd Mariah went solo to finish up the group. Our trip seemed a little worrisome as the workers on the boat struggled to get the chute prepared for about 15 minutes. Fortunately, they finally got things set and Abbey and Ayden were off!



After a bit more swimming, we headed back to the apartment where 9 (Mike, Dayla, Kailee, Kyle, Tom, Kathy, Tomi, Mariah, and Adam) walked the walls. For the first time in all of my trips, I passed. I had enough sun for the day and was still pretty worn out from the climb and "cliff jumping" of the day before.



we had supper at a new restaurant (to us) called Konoba Nava. Dad had his first fish
imageimageimage

Liftoff for Abbey & Adam!
dinner of the trip. They also brought out complimentary shots of rakija. Too many of them...

After dinner, we met Marija Vukaš for a quick visit and finished up the night with a little more people watching along the Stradun. Tomorrow, we are off to Čilipi to pick up our rental vans, head to Medugorje, and then to Drvenik and the ferry to the island of Hvar. Hopefully Mike is able to get some sleep tonight with the white knuckle drive we have ahead of us tomorrow!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Abbey & Adam.
imageimage
image

At their peak height with 70 meters of rope.
imageimage
image

Tomi & Kailee looked excited!!
imageimage
image

Away they go....
imageimage
image

Good backdrop!
imageimage
image

This is nothing for Mariah!
imageimage
image

Quite the distance shot!
imageimage
image

More Mariah!
imageimage
image

The kids on the beach....
imageimage
image

Where's Waldo?
imageimage
image

Battling the sun for a pic outside of Pile.
imageimage
image

Thinking about taking his shirt off....held tough for 23 seconds....a record according to Grandpa.
imageimage
image

Adjusting for inflation, this has to be worth 6 kuna since 2009.
imageimage
image

The square near St. Blaise.
imageimage
image

The ladies....
imageimage
image

Mama i djeća...
imageimage
image

Got shut down in their attempt to play some futbol...
imageimage
image

Group pic with Marija.
imageimage
image

Obitelj.
imageimage
image

One last group pic.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb