Dubrovnik to Hvar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
August 4th 2014
Published: August 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Otočic Pokonji Dol
Since we were on the road for most of yesterday, I'm playing a little "catch-up" today. Mike and I picked up the two vans at Čilipi yesterday at 10 am. After a very efficient pick-up in the Old Town, we were on our way to Bosnia.

Our first stop was at Medugorje. it was more crowded than I had ever seen. We had time to wait for about an hour for the Statue of the Risen Christ then we had to head to catch the ferry to Hvar. We were about 5 cars from being on the ferry that departed right after we got there. Due to the fact we hadn't eaten, we made our way to a pizza place in Drvenik. We got our pizza as the ferry showed up from the open sea. Mike and I had to inhale our pizza and run off to get the vans onto the ferry. Everyone else also had to eat and run for the most part.

After our 35 minute ferry ride to Sućaraj, we were off for our 1.5 hour ride across the island. I must say, I was disappointed in the drive! The road was no where near
imageimageimage

At the Statue of the Risen Christ.
the "white knuckle" ride I was expecting. I did hear a few "POLAKO" warnings coming from the back seat as Adam, Abbey and Ayden were on the deliriously tired side!

Upon our arrival in Hvar town, we met the owner of our place. Sandra is a great woman with a super apartment complex. Her husband, Dražen, fought for Croatia during the war of the 1990s And was currently working security for a Russian company in Iraq.

Upon waking up, Tom and I took a walk to check out our surroundings. We then returned home Sandra convinced us to make our own breakfast so she took a car load of the ladies to get some supplies. Dad got the special treatment from Sandra though as she prepared his food.

For entertainment today, we hit the popular Hvar town beach called Pokonji Dol. Since we had a later start, it was hard to get seating. We eventually got a chair and umbrella for dad while everyone else cooled off in the water. Found another nice spot to do some jumping into the Adriatic.

In a little while, we will be off to the Centar for supper. Not sure
imageimageimage

Dad made it!!
what else our night will have in store for us, but I will keep you posted. Maybe we will be fortunate enough to get a yacht tour!! We could ONLY hope...


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Finishing off supper.
imageimage
image

Abbey with her pizza.
imageimage
image

Abbey & Ayden
imageimage
image

Night Robin, Night Owl and Night Pigeon on the ferry.
imageimage
image

Enjoying time out of the vans.
imageimage
image

Can't wait for Hvar!
imageimage
image

On our way.
imageimage
image

Jadrolinija
imageimage
image

The view from our Hvar Apartments.
imageimage
image

Kind of like playing with real life Kuna.
imageimage
image

Walking to the beach after dropping off the crew.
imageimage
image

Navigating the rocks...Ayden & Kailee.
imageimage
image

Voted to lead the way!
imageimage
image

Liftoff
imageimage
image

Abbey's turn.
imageimage
image

Away goes Kyle.
imageimage
image

Kailee in mid air.
imageimage
image

Adam without his wings....BABY!
imageimage
image

Mariah
imageimage
image

Believe it or not.....that's TOMI!
imageimage
image

From the beach


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb