Croatia travels 2009


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
August 8th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok guys and girls,

This is the first blog of the 2009 extravaganza 6 lads in total for the first week in croatia followed by another 2 by myself and patto. I am sitting writing this in the Pearl of the Adriatic - Dubrovnik havent had much chance to explore just yet but i hope to get some photos and upload them shortly.

We started the good times in Zagreb Croatias capital and as to be expected the first night out was one of the biggest. we spent the day wandering around the city which is much the same as any other and sampling some of the local food, we hung out in the hostal and met a few people there before heading out to a number of clubs around the lakes- obviously at 4 in the morning after a large number of drinks and losing a rather drunken Choy it seemed like the perfect opertunity to go for a swim haha.

The second day was majorly a travel day again heading to split whilst stopping off at plitvice, the beautiful lakes that are one of the most recomended things to see before you die, we didnt get
SplitSplitSplit

the view from my hostal window
alot of time there however as we had to rush off for another bus but definatly worth the detor.

Split is a very nice town, but not a very nice bishop as he sent our hostal owner round to tell us to keep it down (apparently), there a few nice beaches and an habour front of white marble ideal for sprinting races at 5 in the morning.

The islands are pretty sweet we first went to Hvar and i have never seen so many beautiful people in my life, it seemed to be where all of europes rich and famous in their billionare yachts sun themselfs with their beutiful wifes and daughters. most of us didnt know where to look haha. Korkula was the last island that we visited before Dubrovnik and what can i say about that is that it has the most epic partys we stayed at the one love hostal drinking all night there meeting some pretty cool people then stepped out onto the street for a concert not 20 meters from the hostal....amazing!!

Dubrovnik, is one of the most perfect places that i have ever visited (if a little touristy) this place would have made it worth coming on its own... ill let the pictures do the talking when i get to a computer that is able to upload photos (seem to be struggeling on that one so photos my have to follow).

Adam

x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Ducks and fishesDucks and fishes
Ducks and fishes

example of how clear the water is
Split 2 Split 2
Split 2

up the tower you can see in the previous photo
New RecruitsNew Recruits
New Recruits

roman soldiers
On a boat taxiOn a boat taxi
On a boat taxi

on the way to the local mini islands to chill on the peer
chilling in Korculachilling in Korcula
chilling in Korcula

some epic stone skimming that day
Bit of Diving Bit of Diving
Bit of Diving

Patto was too chicken.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb