The Fort


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
March 26th 2017
Published: April 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The weather forecast said the rain would begin just after noon, so we headed out early. We went to Fort Lovrijenac first. It was no charge for us since we had our wall tickets. That is how it works, but you have to visit within 24 hours after your wall visit. There were a lot of stairs leading up to the fort, but the views made it all worth it. We were alone at first and then 4 others came. That was it. Seven of us total at this massive fort! We probably spent an hour or so up there, before heading down. It was still early enough that the rain had not yet begun. So, we decided to take a city bus to Lapad. This is a restaurant lined pedestrian street that leads to a nice beach.

It was recommended by our Airbnb host. Although overcast, the weather was pleasant enough on the walk. Since it was Sunday, the bus was almost empty, and the traffic light. I was impressed with the local bus service. Clean, friendly, and modern.

We first walked all the way past the beach on the little trail. Once we decided we had seen enough, we headed back. We stopped for lunch at a place called Tutto Bene. Are you seeing a pattern here? Lots of great Italian food in Croatia, with Italy so close. Tutto Bene was very good, and it was relaxing there too. Nice just to chill after all the walking and stairs the past few days.

After our lunch, we went back for the bus. We waited about 15 minutes for it, and the ride was maybe 5-10.

The rain was holding off so far.

Once back at Old Town, we decided to go back to our apartment for a little. Good thing we did! The rain finally came. It was hard and there was lightning and thunder too. The good thing, is that it only lasted about 2 hours.

Once the rain let up, we went back out for some dinner. Our daughter wanted some pasta, so we decided on Burger Tiger. They have all sorts of fast food items, along with pasta. I had a chicken wrap that was decent. I also had a local IPA craft beer that was excellent! Overall, the place was good. It is just a simple fast food restaurant. They had great service from the three employees.

After dinner, it was off to sleep, as we had an early trip to Mostar in the morning. So we thought.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb