We've Arrived in Zagreb (Shame About the Bags)


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
July 4th 2015
Published: July 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, that was an interesting start to the holiday. It's so far been a day of excitement, disappointment, frustration, annoyance, jubilation and nervous anticipation (and it's only 1.15pm UK time).



We arrived at Dusseldorf airport to find our flight had been cancelled and were told to go and get our luggage (that had been bound directly for Salzburg) off of the carrousel. It didn't show up, so after being sent back and forth between different desks we were told to go to AirBerlin and book a new flight and they would have our cases. They didn't and first told us they were lost and then that they were still in London, only to find they had them after all. I'd "sensibly" put my spare contact lenses in one suitcase and my glasses in the other, so at one point had images of me walking round blind for a fortnight. Mini crisis averted!



The delay meant our scenic train from Salzburg to Zagreb would now be missed, as would the overnight train, so we made the decision to change our route and fly to Amsterdam and then on to Zagreb. We were pleasantly surprised to find there was no charge for changing our destination and cheerfully went on our way. Simon spotted our suitcases going on to the plane, so they should at least make it to Amsterdam and then on to Croatia (watch this space).



Update: OMG, bags haven't arrived. They seem to think they will be with us tomorrow night. On the upside, the ZigZag apartment is amazing and the view from it is stunning and the person on reception really helpful and chatty. We're really liking Zagreb so far 😊

Advertisement



5th July 2015

Holiday
Hope you luggage arrives soon. How can they lose it twice in such a short space of time. Pleased that your apartment is brilliant; at least that is something that has gone right! Hope the rest of the holiday isjust right. Take care, love Mum and Dad xx

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb