Sunday 28th August – Plitvice Lakes


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

The 'Sea Organ' is a series of pipes under the ocean.
Another travel day so another boring blog entry. We packed up the ususal way to head to Plitvice Lakes (in Croatia). We drove for a long time to a place called Zadar where the 'Sea Organ' is located . An artist put 30 odd pipes in the sea under the dock and the way the water moves makes the pipes make noises. It was kind of weird. The same artist also made a massive sun on the dock out of reflective materials so when you walk over it it shone pretty colours because of the reflection of the sun. We were given about 2 hours free time to look around the place but being a Sunday a lot of shops were closed. We found a few nice stalls and bought some very cool things then went on a mission to find a pharmacy. Steve was not so healthy and so Tim and Carla went with him to a pharmacy. Now the pharmacist did not speak English so actions were needed... her first response to Tim's actions was 'Laxatives?'... to which their response was 'No, No, No the opposite! LOL was rather amusing.
Eventually we made it to Plitvice Lakes which was very picturesque! It was in the middle of aforesty type area. We set up our tents, had dinner then sat around having a few drinks (there really wasn't a whole lot else to do!).
Off to bed on time tonight!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb