Monday 29th August – Plitvice Lakes National Park


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Aliza, Carla, Tim, Lizzie, Me, Jamie and Steph
Very cold last night, we had our own sleeping bags and I was still cold!
Today we had the optional extra to go to Plitvice National Park (it was highly recommended because there was not anything else to do at the campsite). We all arrived and choose the path we wanted to do, we chose the 4-6 hour walk which ended up only taking us 4 hours with stops included. Another group did a longer walk which was meant to take 6-8 hours (it was 21 km) and they came back 30 minutes after us saying they managed to walk 21 km as well as having 2 half hour stops... I don't think anyone believed that they actually managed to complete 21 km in such a short time... CHEATERS!!!!!! We were picked up again at 5pm by a shuttle bus and transported back to camp. When we arrived back we had a mass lilo re-inflating session as most of us have dud beds and they are not getting anymore in.
Dinner was another meal without meat (we started off with amazing meals with meat but it seems to have dissappeared. Tonight was vegetarian rissoto (which didn't taste too bad) and one
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

A waterfall!
of the guys was sick of having no meat so he went to the camp ground restaurant and had 2 hamburgers and a hot dog.
After dinner our Tour leaders decided to have a games night so the first game was a tug-of-war were the rope snapped within the first 10 seconds of the game. After that was an egg and spoon race... we won... the biggest cheat award! LOL It wasn't my fault... Steve and his friend were the cheaters!!!!!! The last game was where we threw eggs to each other... as you can imagine there was quite a mess the next morning!
Another early-ish night where I wrapped up warm!!!!
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Carla and I
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

... Another waterfall!
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

... And another waterfall!
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

Amazingly blue water
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

My peeling back from getting VERY sunburnt!
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Clear blue water and lots of lazy fishies!
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

The biggest waterfall... called Slap Waterrfall


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb