No more mladost


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Sofia City » Sofia
August 11th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Apartment no. 5Apartment no. 5Apartment no. 5

the last of our things going from the apartment :(
This blog is from a hotel in Maria Luisa Boulevard as we moved out of the flat yesterday. It was very sad to clear this and lock up for the last time as we have enjoyed staying here for the last 6 years. The reason for buying the flat was to have a holiday home close to the mountains so that we could enjoy more skiing every year. We chose Sofia for the price and the closness to the city and the airport so that we could enjoy visiting at other times of the year when there was no snow. The hope in 2005 when we bought it was that more cheap flights would become available and fly from cardiff or Bristol. This hasn't been the case and flights are now much more expensive.

I feel very sad but I do think this is the right thing to do and we can leave with lots of happy memories of our adventures in Sofia and I think we have really got to know the city and for Sam a very different way of life which will be good for him to remember.

Yesterday was Sam's birthday and we spent most of the day clearing and packing and it rained heavily all day. We did have a lovely swim and relax when we got to the hotel but I don't think he will remember this as one of his best birthdays!

Today we do the deal - very scarey as we really have to trust others with our money and have to be led by them. We do trust mihail and have built up a relationship with him over the last 6 years - but how do we know??? I just hope things go smoothly and that the young Bulgarian couple buying the flat really enjoy living there - I will definitely miss it...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb