Long overdue


Advertisement
Bulgaria's flag
Europe » Bulgaria » Sofia City » Boyana
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It wasn't until a friend contacted me to see if I was OK that i realised it had been 6 wks since last communication. Got 200Lv off car repair as they said that part looked reasonable first time so to save money(700Lv) for this part they sent me out without it. Total cost 500Lv incl service and German maanufactured part .Now going superbly and taking over as workhorse from caravanna with the exception of very large items like matresses and suite for lounge at 24. Hustle is on to get basics in place for visit of Lee and fam and Sam and Stu on 3rd May.Bedroom(guest) floor replaced and walls refreshed so OK Sam for habitation !Bathroom starting to be developed so it will provide internal WC facility and shower. Again that will make stay more comfy.D.room and lounge ok and cooker available.Hopefully new fridge freezer and cooker will be housed in pokey 3rd room for moment.So it looks as though upmarket camping is in order(deluxe style).Now getting very excited at prospect of seeing them all.Weather has been great for last 3 days with highs of 27 deg - just hope it's not 'peaked 'early.! 2 properties have had ploughing and harrowing and finally yesterday grass seed so that is another job that was hanging over me completed even if expensively at 420Lv. Life still consists of sunbathing at 24 altho now this does not require drapes over balcony rails for privacy as I am currently attaching panels to existing rails.Look out Stu, could be a rival(not!!). The main garden at 1st house(front and side) is to be planted with sweet corn and melons after family go so with luck Brett and Kathy may benefit in August.It is also nice to hear that J+J will join Pete and co at Yunets sometime in August.Still room for guests,July, Sept or Oct if anyone wants to make it over!June sees me in Cornwall from 2nd - 30th so that I'll be with friends on my birthday this year instead of waiting for tyres in Saltzburg(last year).!Managing'pigeon',but understandable, Bulg in village and other thing of note is that address is finding post ok. So all things seem to be on mend.Long may it last. First cuckoo heard on 12th April and swallows in great nos so I guess that summer has arrived,altho wind can be cold gusty and more spring weather.Also countryside resembles pictures of Vale of Kent with masses of pink,white and yellow flowers everywhere plus glut of tulips.Orchids were spoilt by putting them in lounge(out of kindness!) on my return rather than leaving them where they were.Still got a lot though and others can be replaced over time.Bottie is fine after his castration and Bettie is still hanging on to her kittens but is no more handlable unfortunately. Well that must cover most of the happenings.Tomorrow I am going into Varna ,after builders go home, for coffee with waitress from my favourite cafe following her English class.Thank god student days are over for me!!Hope everyone reading this is well and that people may take on board serious visit invitations. love supergran.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb