Day 19 – Looking for Trebinje, passing through whole Montenegro


Advertisement
Bosnia and Herzegovina's flag
Europe » Bosnia & Herzegovina » South » Trebinje
June 12th 2015
Published: April 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, our next destination was situated in Bosnia and Herzegovina. We took a bus, the only bus we had seen. The itinerary went by Podgorica, actually stopping in every small village, to check if eventually someone would want to get in and join us. Well, we passed by lake Shkodra and the settings were beautiful but we still lost a day in that bus. We finally arrived at 3.30pm in Trebinje. We should maybe have gone to Herceg Novi and from there take a bus. Maybe you should try that.

We searched for the bus timetable, as we were already leaving to Mostar the next day. This was not without difficulty. Someone tried to help us, trying to talk with the only guy at the station, without success despite the fact that we were talking not less than seven languages between us three. We finally decided to abandon and took a taxi to our accommodation « Jelena Apartmenti ». Still new in this country, the taximan conned us, asking for 5, without saying any currency. We paid in Euro, sure that in Bosnie they only use Euro. We would have paid 1.85x less if we had known they pay with KM, the local currency.



To find a tourism office was not that easy. We tried to ask about the currency exchange rate in a “info turistik point”, which actually wasn’t a tourism info point at all. The woman couldn’t speak a word in English and didn’t know about Euros. After a while, we finally found a proper tourism office, giving maps, city plans and other stuff away. We had dinner for 20 KM (11 CHF) in a small restaurant et went to see the Old bridge. The Herceg Novi – Dubrovnik road used to pass this bridge. Our host gave us apricots from her mother’s garden. She couldn’t speak English but she was very friendly and welcoming. We definitely recommend this small lovely town, for a one-day/night stay, before or after visiting Mostar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb