Travel from Paris to Bruges


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

More snow overnight. Packed up and headed off around 11am. Had to wait for the owner to come back to do his inventory check before getting our 300 euro deposit back.

While walking with luggage to the nearby car park, Daniel continued to keep his eye out for money. Just as he picked up a small coin, a local took pity on him and gave him a 2 euro coin. We're not sure if it was a joke or he thought Daniel was a beggar. We certainly weren't dressed as stylishly as the French. When trying to keep warm you tend to get as much on as you can. While having a laugh later and talking about it, I could see Daniel's mind ticking over the new possibilities 😊.

After a few wrong turns while trying to take the Tom-Tom literally, we finally made our way out of Paris and into the countryside - completely covered in snow. The news has been about Europe receiving snow that usually comes after Christmas.

Found Bruges also covered in snow - but full of Christmas decorations. Eileen wasn't too hungry and Daniel was feeling a bit off (maybe he didn't wash his hands after picking up coins), so I took the girls out to dinner. Restaurants all looked expensive, couldn't read the menu's and it was literally freezing, so went to a Pizza Hut. Authentic cuisine will have to happen tomorrow!! Then had a nice walk around the town, saw ice skating in a square and checked out the Christmas lights - plus a lot of sliding on the icy paths. Why do my kids seem louder than the local ones??


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb