Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
December 12th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Ice Skaters in Bruges, Belgium 19 secs
On Thursday we took the P&O cargo ship from Dover, England and arrived an hour later in Calais, Paris. We then drove to Bruges in Belgium, which is the best preserved medieval town in Europe. Taking the city bus tour, we explored the many amazing buildings and streets of the old-worldly town.




We then made our way to the city center 'markt', where a german-style christmas market was being held. I had a waffle with melted Nutella (o.m.g) and watched the ice-skaters on the outdoor rink. As night fell the town only grew more amazing with christmas lights outlining all the different little buildings and houses.



We stayed that night in a hotel in Bruges and the next day visited the 'Choco-Story', which is a taste-testing chocolate museum. After that we visited a traditional Belgium Chocolatier (and ate some more chocolate).



Overall, Belgium was a very beautiful country with a unique European vibe. I would definitely return!

We then left Belgium and drove into Luxembourg. We didn't stay long in Luxembourg, but from what we did see of the city was a very unique sense of architecture and lifestyle. The people were all very friendly and spoke excellent english. We had italian food for dinner and explored the little alley-ways and streets of the city, then driving to our hotel in Germany.

In Heidelberg, Germany we saw our first lot of snow! It was really amazing to see the open fields and pine tree plantations dusted with snow. All the landscapes and outlook driving through Germany and the little towns was amazing!



We then drove to Karlshrew and arrived at our hotel. Tomorrow we drive to the Black Forest in Germany and then to Austria.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb