Have you paid your supplement?


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Namur Province » Namur
September 27th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ardenes, Belgium in the Flemish region of Belgium about 4 hours drive from Amsterdam, was amongst other things a great place to climb in. Me, Lin, Mel and Jen (whom I’d gone to France to climb with back in May) decided to do just that.

On September 9, I rode my trusty stead after work to Lin’s house. After waiting for the others to arrive and having a quick cup of tea we loaded our kit in the car and started the drive down. Or rather Lin did who drove the car.

We stayed in Chaveehut: Rue de la Chavee 7, B-5330 Maillen if you want to stay there the telephone number is +32 83 65 52 39, which I would recommend for anyone who isn’t camping to stay there if they climb, they do a nice all you can eat breakfast for 5e extra and are your basic no frills accommodation with friendly service.

We got up nice and early the next day and headed out to Durnal. It was a bit slippy that way so we decided to make our way to Yvoir. Yvoir was perfect.

There were quite a few nice 4’s, a few 5a’s and 5b’s that we got to scale. But on the plus side there were quite a lot of multi pitch routes which made it that extra bit more fun and challenging for our trip.

I couldn’t lead, but I could lead belay and Mel wasn’t 100%!o(MISSING)n leading so I teamed up with Lin, whilst Jen hooked up with Mel and that’s how we kept the teams most of the day. We climbed from about 10am to 7pm with a small stop for lunch at the end. We even got an abseil in at the end of the day!

We had dinner at a cute little dinner and debated about the supplement of the day while this cute frumpy French woman ran around making us omelets and other crazy delights.

The next day we tripped back to Yvoir for some more climbing. I did my first outdoor 5c (on top roap).

I was proud! We left to head home around 4pm all really happy with a great girls weekend away climbing! To see some more photos have a look: one of Yvoir, not one but two photos of me and one of the three girls on the trip!



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th December 2009

nice pics
Good pics there Dasha, and a nice blog - though Im not sure about the "all you can eat breakfast" - I think youll find thats a little exagerated ! :-)
8th January 2010

re:pics
true:)

Tot: 0.682s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 85; dbt: 0.2133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb