Festival of Wallonia!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Namur Province » Namur
September 15th 2007
Published: September 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

poooor thing!poooor thing!poooor thing!

awwww.....its a statue with a poor locked up snail!!!! ahhh..so sad.....
Rushing day, woke up early and stormed out to take the train to Namur, the region/city further south in Belgium. Belgium is dividied into two sections, the Dutch speaking - Flanders and the French speaking - Wallonia. People up North speak more English!!!!! At least thats the first thing I realize....

Anyways, arrived there, got ignored at the tourist office.....-___-"
found out about the festival in the city through a book and went into the city.
The day just started so most stuff were still being set up. Most concerts and stuff were at night....ahhhhh! that means I'll miss them.....
anyways, walked around, most shops closed...just loads of food and beer on the streets...
Had some nice cheese and potatos and ham....
It was great weather though, REALLY warm....=)

Walked around a bit, not much to see around town besides the citial....
walked into a gift shop and found HUGE amounts of moomoocow postcards!!!!! went crazy!!! wahhaaaaa! I spent way more money on postcard than foooooood! wahhaaaaaa!!!!! Saw these other products, cute as well ga!!! but too heavy la....><

Went back to Antwerp to grab my bag and then off to Netherlands lu!
Didn't know Antwerp was SO
YUm YUM YUM!YUm YUM YUM!YUm YUM YUM!

Cheese...broiled on the top....then scraped onto toast + tomatos....DELICIOUS!!!!! The french style ne?
close to Holland! about 3 hours arrived in Zaandam and met up with Carol and her bf!!
SO HAPPY!!! my craving for Chinese food, HK Magazines...etc done in one night! wahahaaa!
Just realized I havent had like, HK style steam rice for the whole trip!!!! the smell of it is just so comforting!!!! haaaa^^" had Chinese tea...read some magazines and chatted a bit, then off to bed lu!
Holland is not that far up north but its a lot coooler than Belgium ne! ><"


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

more FOOOOOD!more FOOOOOD!
more FOOOOOD!

Potatoes + Cheese+ Ham!!! ohhhhh.....=D~~~
Festival Concert!Festival Concert!
Festival Concert!

loads of kids sitting and listening ne!
CHOCOLATES!!!CHOCOLATES!!!
CHOCOLATES!!!

haaa....my stocking-up before leaving Belgium! though, you can actually buy it all around Europe....


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb