One week in Belgium already


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Hainaut » Charleroi
August 25th 2008
Published: August 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour tout le monde,
THis week has been a very busy one for me. Im starting to settle down and get used to living life here in this beutiful spot in belgium. I have had lots of great experiences and met lots of really nice people so far so i think its safe to say that im going to have a great year. I have been shopping with my host sister Margerie in Charleroi, seen this traditional march that happens every year in every village in belgium, it has somthing to do with honoring the french soldiers. I have also tried my first belgian beer called Jupilar, its good but i like this other drink called Krik better, its very sweet and. I also have tried some champagne with my host family and it was also very good. Today i tired my frist puff of Shitza. Its very popular here and is a kind of smoking but without any chemicals added.
Already i have met evry family which im staying with and they all are very nice. I have also met probably every member of Pascals and Karins family. They all live very close to eachother and see eachother often. When i explained that my family is very dispered they thought it was odd because family is evrything here. Entertaining is very important also. Yesterday Karin and Pascal had people over for lunch, it was a very good one too with beutiful cheeses and food, pascal was a cook so he is the one who does all the cooking. Anyways me and Margerie went to the cinema with some of her friends and by the time we got back they were stimm there. So they stayed for lunch and diner. lol.
Today i hung out with karin;s sister;s son and his friends. Im going to be in the same class as them and im relieved that they welcomed me with open arms. Tonight me and Pascal are going to the gym so im glad cuz i need the excercise. Often i also go for a walk at night with karin margerie karin:s friend and her daughter Nautica. It is soo relaxing walking aroung their beautiful countryside. These people dont know how lucky they are.
Tomorow im going to Brussels for a meeting with the all the exchange students in belgium. We are visting the grand palace and doing other things too i think. And then the day after im again going to Brussels with Nautica to do some shopping. After i think im playing soccer with some people. Then on thurs and friday im staying at julies house to hang out with her. So you see im pretty busy.
So thats about all ive been up to, if i was just perfect at french now, life here could not get any better but i have ot be patient.
Anyways ill write again soon and i love and miss you all and i hope you are all having a good time where you are.
Love becca


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb