Beautiful day in Brussels


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
October 15th 2014
Published: April 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke about 7am and immediately went out to see the city. We walked up towards the Jardin, and then past the Royal Palace, and finally on to the Cinquantenaire Park. We passed by the buzzing EU complexes, including the Parliament. There were protests going on, and I also saw a security issue with an unattended bag. I am sure it is always busy here and it was fun to see it. I loved seeing Cinquantenaire Park early in the morning. After an hour so we went back and had a waffle breakfast, before heading to the Musical Instrument Museum. The museum was fantastic, and I recommend it as a must see in Brussels. We wandered the museum for at least 3 hours and then had a nice lunch at the rooftop cafe.

The meal was great and we were treated to some nice views of the city.

After this, we explored all around the Grand Place and beyond for several hours. In the early evening we went back to our room for a short time of rest. At about 7pm or so we walked to La Kasbah restaurant. It was about a 10-15 minute walk. We had read about this place in guidebooks and so we wanted to try it. It is a Moroccan restaurant and the food and decor are amazing! The staff was so friendly as well. It was raining lightly when we left back to the hotel. We did stop along the way for a dessert of a waffle. I prefer the Liege one over the Brussels.

Once back at the room, we went to sleep pretty quickly, as we had a 6am wake up call.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb