Brussels Redux


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
October 14th 2014
Published: April 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After 21 years, I would be back in Brussels. This was the first place that I had visited outside of the USA. It had changed a lot, but for the better! It would be my wife and daughters first time there.

We awoke early in Basingstoke said goodbye to Nikki's daughters as they went off to school. We sat around relaxing and chatting mostly. Andre came home to join us for lunch at around 1pm. At 2pm, we left for LHR airport. Traffic was light and we arrived at about 3pm. Our flight was not until 5:50pm so we just walked around and did a little shopping. We also had a light snack. Our flight to Brussels was on Brussels Airlines 2096. It was an ARJ-100 aircraft and we sat in row 4. It was a smooth flight of about 1 hour. We landed in Brussels at 8pm and caught a train to the city. It was an easy 5 minute walk from Centraal station to the Novotel hotel. Once we had our room, we went out to explore a few hours. We walked to the Grand Place and the Manneken Pis, before having some dinner at a Greek place named Hellas. It was a yummy meal! We had a waffle with sugar for dessert. After a little more exploration, we went back to the hotel to get some sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb